Re: NM cue and practical and scalable process

Osamu Aoki (osamu@debian.org) wrote:
> * Existing DD can send signed message to LDAP to rate NM with score +1,-1 .
> * DPL and DAM can submit between + 100, -500 (1/2 of DD#) score
> [...]

IMHO this is a Bad Idea[tm]. It'll only result in flamewars about
negative scores when the receiver doesn't agree, lots of "butt kissing"
and last but not least all kinds of "who can get the highest score"
competitions that are probably far from good for the project.

I'm sorry for not reading the rest of the mail very well - don't have
much time - but I just have very bad experiences with scoring systems
like this...

Wilmer van der Gaast.

--
| lintux : :'  :  lintux.cx |  | OSS Programmer   www.bitlbee.org |