AM Report for Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net>

Report for new developer applicant Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0x5CBC1773

   ID Check passed, Key signed by at least one existing Debian Developer,
   his brother Peter Makholm <makholm@debian.org>

   Output from 'gpg --check-sigs 0x5CBC1773' (only the relevant parts):

   pub  1024D/5CBC1773 2003-12-08 Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net>
   sig!3       2C8B195A 2003-12-16   Peter Makholm <peter@makholm.net>
   sig!3       5CBC1773 2003-12-08   Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net>
   sub  1024D/EF2F0DFE 2003-12-08 [expires: 2004-12-22]
   sig!        5CBC1773 2003-12-08   Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net>

   Applicant writes:

   --8<-------------------------------------------------------->8---

   I'm a computer scientist, 30 year old and just got my Ph.D., have been
   hacking in various languages since childhood.

   [...]

   For a long time, my home computer was not connected to the net except
   for a slow modem dial-in, so I was not able to contribute technically
   to the developent of Debian. Instead I started hanging around on
   debian-legal to help analyze software licenses (and participate in
   flamewars about the proper reading of the DFSG). This was a task that
   could be done from the university, where I had net connection but not
   access to a Debian box.

   [...]

   Why Debian and not some other worthy free software project? I have
   always had a soft spot for the "infrastructural" facets of the
   projects I hack - I tend to be the one who ends up doing the
   makefiles, the configuration-file-parsing engine, and that kind of
   stuff. This naturally leads to an interest in operating systems,
   tools, packaging and policy integration. I could have done similar
   things for one of the *bsd projects, but Debian seems to take a
   stronger (or at least more explicit) position wrt policy integration
   and software freedom, which suits me.

   --8<-------------------------------------------------------->8---

2. Philosophy and Procedures
----------------------------

   Henning demonstrated a good understanding of Debian's Philosophy and
   Procedures. He answered all my Questions about the Social Contract,
   the DFSG, the BTS etc. and had hardly any problems with it.

   When I checked the packages, I found some very very small glitches
   which he fixed quickly.

   He also answered my questions regarding T&S without problems.

   I recommend to accept Henning Makholm as a Debian Developer.

   Preferred account name: henning
   Address to forward E-Mails to: via-debian@henning.makholm.net

--
  .''`.   Martin Loschwitz           Debian GNU/Linux developer
 : :'  :  madkiss@madkiss.org        madkiss@debian.org