AM report for Per Olofsson

Report for new developer applicant Per Olofsson <pelle@dsv.su.se>:

1. Identity verification and background
---------------------------------------

KeyID 0x8DBFEC2F:

ID check passed, key signed by existing DD, Mikael Sennerholm.

Output from keycheck.sh 0x8DBFEC2F

  pub  1024D/8DBFEC2F 2004-01-23 Per Olofsson <pelle@dsv.su.se>
    Key fingerprint = 1559 FABE B1CE 464D AB7F  2E71 7830 2C4B 8DBF EC2F
  sig!3       20E93E8E 2004-03-01   Mikael Sennerholm <mikan@debian.org>
  sig!3       8DBFEC2F 2004-01-23   Per Olofsson <pelle@dsv.su.se>
  sub  1024g/562DD02D 2004-01-23
  sig!        8DBFEC2F 2004-01-23   Per Olofsson <pelle@dsv.su.se>

  Key is ok

Per writes:

  I'm a 17-year-old student living in Stockholm, Sweden. I've been
  playing with computers for as long as I can remember, probably since
  the age of five or so. I have had some limited Unix experience before,
  but it wasn't until some five years ago I began using Linux. Starting
  with Redhat and Slackware, I eventually became enlightened by the
  wonderful world of Debian. I have also been working some at the
  Stockholm University's Department of Computer and Systems Sciences,
  where I have been the driving force in replacing almost all of the old
  Solaris systems with Debian.

  Slightly more than one year ago, I started maintaining the Ion
  packages in Debian. For those who don't know, Ion is the most
  brilliant window manager there is, and one of the probably very few
  that will not turn your desktop into a complete mess. Lately, I have
  also become the de facto maintainer of pcmcia-cs, which is a more
  complex and more popular package.

  I have not decided exactly what I want to do in the future. I have
  many ideas, so there is much to choose from. I very much fancy Debian,
  and it is in my interest to see the whole of it improve, get more
  popular, and closer to the goal of being the Universal Operating
  System. Right now I'm mostly worried about getting sarge released, so
  I hope I will be able to find time to aid the debian-installer effort,
  although I have to look after the packages I maintain as well. This is
  also related to PCMCIA, where I have been doing some work for the
  installer.

2. Philosophy and Procedures

Per has a good understanding of Debian's Philosophy and Procedures.

He gave good answers to all my Questions about the Social Contract,
DFSG, BTS etc.