AM report for Geert Stappers

Summary for Geert Stappers <stappers@stappers.nl>

Identity
--------

Geert's key with the ID 0x0C1AFFBB is signed by several Debian
developers, including Martin Sjögren, Bill Allombert, Joost van Baal
and Charl P.  Botha.

pub  1024D/0C1AFFBB 2003-07-03 Geert Stappers (GSt) <Stappers@Stappers.nl>
sig!        5511798F 2003-07-03   Geert Stappers (GSt) <Geert.Stappers@xs4all.nl>
sig!        E263FCD4 2003-09-27   Kurt Gramlich (DF8ED) <kurt.gramlich@lugrav.de>
sig!        19C9B6BA 2003-09-29   Maximilian Wilhelm (private key) <max@rfc2324.org>
sig!2       E94EC0C2 2003-08-21   Charl P. Botha <cpbotha@debian.org>
sig!2       9C04F456 2003-09-30   Martin Sjögren <sjogren@debian.org>
sig!3       B5444815 2003-07-13   Bill Allombert <ballombe@debian.org>
sig!3       969457F0 2003-08-18   Joost van Baal <joostvb@mdcc.cx>
sig!3       0C1AFFBB 2003-07-03   Geert Stappers (GSt) <Stappers@Stappers.nl>
sub  1536g/6D942209 2003-07-03
sig!        0C1AFFBB 2003-07-03   Geert Stappers (GSt) <Stappers@Stappers.nl>

Background
----------

Geert writes, "Somewhere 1993 a computer club was building an 68000
successor for there 6502 systems. Linux was used for the
(cross)development.  Having the various GNU tools was great. First I
could not imaginate how free(gratis to me in those days) software
could exist. I thought GPL was about "NO WARRANTY".  After several
years I realized that GPL is freedom.  Free Software is how people
should work/live together."

Geert has various Debian related plans and ideas.  At the moment, he
mostly focuses on his package conglomerate and on working on
debian-installer.

Philosophy & Procedures
-----------------------

Geert understands Debian's philosophy and agrees with it.

Tasks & Skills

Joerg Jaspert and I checked Geert's package of conglomerate, pointed
out minor mistakes which Geert promptly fixed.  I also talke to
Geert's sponsor, and reviewed his involvement in debian-installer.

Recommendation

I recommend that Geert be accepted as a Debian maintainer.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com