AM Report for Alexandre Fayolle

Report for new developer applicant Alexandre Fayolle
<alexandre.fayolle@logilab.fr>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

Check with key ID DF67A55E:

ID Check passed, Key signed by existing DD Jerome Marant
<jerome@debian.org>.

Output from keycheck.sh DF67A55E:

  gpg: key DF67A55E: public key "Alexandre Fayolle <alexandre.fayolle@logilab.fr>" imported
  gpg: Total number processed: 1
  gpg:               imported: 1
  pub  1024D/DF67A55E 2002-03-01 Alexandre Fayolle <alexandre.fayolle@logilab.fr>
       Key fingerprint = A9F7 C81F 531A 6D88 8F81  203A 2E5F DBE0 DF67 A55E
  sig!3       5DF03167 2002-08-02   Jerome Marant <jmarant@nerim.net>
  sig!3       DF67A55E 2002-07-08   Alexandre Fayolle <alexandre.fayolle@logilab.fr>
  uid                            Alexandre Fayolle <alf@logilab.fr>
  uid                            Alexandre Fayolle <afayolle@nerim.net>
  sig!3       DF67A55E 2002-11-19   Alexandre Fayolle <alexandre.fayolle@logilab.fr>
  uid                            Gurney Alex (poête) <agurney@nerim.net>
  sig!3       DF67A55E 2002-11-19   Alexandre Fayolle <alexandre.fayolle@logilab.fr>
  uid                            Alexandre Fayolle <alexandre.fayolle@centraliens.net>
  uid                            Alexandre Fayolle (private address) <alexandre.fayolle@free.fr>
  sig!3       5DF03167 2002-08-02   Jerome Marant <jmarant@nerim.net>
  sig!3       DF67A55E 2002-07-08   Alexandre Fayolle <alexandre.fayolle@logilab.fr>
  sub  1024g/A99AFB92 2002-03-01
  sig!        DF67A55E 2002-03-01   Alexandre Fayolle <alexandre.fayolle@logilab.fr>

  12 signatures not checked due to missing keys

Applicant writes:

  I've been using Debian since 1994, for a long time on my own personnal
  computer, and for the past 4 years as a part time sysadmin in the
  company I co-founded, Logilab which is a strong advocate of Open
  Source software (see http://www.logilab.org/) and invests a lot in the
  O.S community, especially in the Python world. Open Source software is
  important to me, because it means that everyone can have access to the
  tools, and can tune the tools to suit their need.

  I use Debian because of the high quality of the packages and because
  of the excellent upgrade support between successive versions of the
  distribution. This is of utmost importance to me. The huge choice of
  packaged software is also very important to me, as an individual, and
  as an IT professionnal, because I know that most major free software
  projects have been packaged for Debian, which is great to know when I
  design a solution for a customer.

  If I can become a DD, I intent to maintain a number of python-related
  packages (the ones that I already maintain, and a number of other
  useful packages that I use on a daily basis), and help the Debian
  python support as much as I can (participate on the debian-python
  mailing list, help python package maintainers fix bugs, sponsor other
  python-packages maintainers).

  I already maintain the python-xml package which I took over from
  Jerome Marant a year and a half ago. I also maintain the python-4suite
  package, though I admit I have some problems with this one since
  upstream has not released anything but alphas and betas in a long time
  and the current package is not very useable. I also packaged
  python-psyco which entered debian last summer.

2. Philosophy and Procedures

Alexandre has an excellent understanding of Debian's philosophy and
procedures.  He provided acceptable answers to all my questions about
the Social Contract, DFSG, BTS, etc.