AM Report for Andres Salomon <dilinger@voxel.net>

Report for new developer applicant Andres Salomon <dilinger@voxel.net>:

Identification
--------------
   Andres' Key (KeyID 0xD36B68C4) has been signed by Developer Jaldhar H. Vyas:

   pub  1024D/D36B68C4 2003-10-06 Andres Salomon <dilinger@ubersmith.com>
   sig!3       D36B68C4 2003-12-29   Andres Salomon <dilinger@ubersmith.com>
   uid                            Andres Salomon <dilinger@voxel.net>
   sig!2       EE6DC66A 2004-01-22   Jaldhar H. Vyas (Debian GNU/Linux) <jaldhar@debian.org>
   sig!3       D36B68C4 2003-10-06   Andres Salomon <dilinger@ubersmith.com>
   sub  1024g/353E38CC 2003-10-06
   sig!        D36B68C4 2003-10-06   Andres Salomon <dilinger@ubersmith.com>

Background
----------
   Andres writes:

   "There are numerous things I want to do for Debian; first and
   foremost, maintaining my packages to the best of my abilities.  I'd
   also like to help w/ the structure of Debian (Enterprise Debian and
   improving testing are two things that I'm itching to do; free time
   permitting).  And, of course, I'm always finding other packages are
   lacking, and I end up helping out with those.  This, and the previous
   paragraph cover points #2 and 4 of the Social Contract; improving
   packages and usability for users, and contributing back to the (free
   software) community.

   I volunteer my time doing Debian related stuff because I used Debian,
   both at home and at work.  The more Debian improves, the less
   stressful my life becomes."

Philosophy and Procedures
-------------------------
   Andres has a good understanding of Debians Philosophy and
   Procedures. He answered all my Questions about Social Contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. without problems and has a decent understanding of
   software license issues.

Tasks and Skills
----------------
   Andres answered my T&S questions and solved practical exercises
   (fixing RC bug, writing a real manpage, fixing a hypothetical
   package) in a good way.

   He has done Debian-related work already since 2002 and seems to have
   much experience by now. He maintains the following packages, which
   were sponsored mainly by Aaron Lehman <aaronl@debian.org>: devmapper,
   firedns, firestring, keepalived, libapache2-mod-perl2, lvm2,
   messagewall, and par2cmdline.

Recommendation
   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.

--
Martin Pitt                 Debian GNU/Linux Developer
martin@piware.de                      mpitt@debian.org