Re: Guidelines for preparing AM reports

Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> writes:

> I've therefore asked Scott James Remnant to write a simple script
> which takes an mbox and generates something sane:

Uah, that script is a python-bastard. :)
Well, for all people that need it it is now in the cvs for nm-templates
on alioth.

> RSA keys
> ========
> A note about GPG keys: RSA keys are fine as long as they are version 4 or
> higher.  You can check this the following way:
>   gpg --export -a 2A5B2B0D > 2A5B2B0D
>   gpg -vv 2A5B2B0D
> This produces a long output cointaining stuff like "version 4, algo 17,
> created 974499721, expires 0".  version 3 cannot be accepted, version 4 is
> fine.

For that i added a little thing to the keycheck.sh script also
available in that cvs. It prints a warning if the version is below 4.
Well, its a bit stupid but it works for now and me.

(I check if version 4 is in the first 4 lines of gpg -vv output. As
that should be the version for the Main Key and not for the sigs.)

bye Joerg
Siliziumdioxid wird auf offenen LKWs durch Deutschland gefahren!
Der Sauerstoffgehalt der Atmosphaere ist auf 21% gesunken!