AM report for Frank Küster <frank@kuesterei.ch>

Report for new developer applicant Frank Küster <frank@kuesterei.ch>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Key ID 0x2252FA1A - ID Check passed; key signed by a DD:
   Bernhard R. Link <brlink@debian.org> (AA6541EE)

   Output from keycheck.sh 0x2252FA1A:
wrote 125 bytes  read 187 bytes  69.33 bytes/sec
total size is 7278417  speedup is 23328.26
gpg: key 2252FA1A: "Frank Küster <frank@kuesterei.ch>" not changed
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:              unchanged: 1
pub  1024D/2252FA1A 2003-04-30 Frank Küster <frank@kuesterei.ch>
     Key fingerprint = 25C0 E61B DC47 4BA7 204E  62F5 FB1B 3D63 2252 FA1A
sig!3       2252FA1A 2003-04-30   Frank Küster <frank@kuesterei.ch>
sig!        AA6541EE 2003-08-19   Bernhard R. Link <brlink@debian.org>
sub  1024g/8E99BB20 2003-04-30

   Applicant writes:
--8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---
*************************Personal************************

I was born in W?rzburg, Germany on March 31, 1971. I finished secondary
school in 1990 and studied Chemistry, with a focus on Biochemistry, in
W?rzburg and Regensburg. In 2002, I got my Ph.D. from Postdam
University, all in Germany. Right now I am working in the department of
Biophysical Chemistry at Basel University, Switzerland. I'm married,
there's no children so far.

*********** Computers, Software and Debian***************

I first used Debian as a file and print server for our workgroup during
my Ph.D. thesis, and later also for my laptop and my wife's desktop
machine.

I use LaTeX a lot, for work and privately, and also have written a LaTeX
class and some packages and published them on CTAN.

In these years, I have come to appreciate the values of free software:
Stability and documentation, lively development and simple interaction
with developers, and its freeness. In fact using Debian only made me
sensible for questions like "am I allowed to use this software?"

While being a user, I started contributing to Debian by filing bug
reports. Later, I prepared an enhanced private package of netenv, whose
sponsored maintainer I am currently, and started to help the maintainers
of the tetex packages by contributing on their mailing list.
--8<------------------------schnapp------------------------->8---

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Frank has a good understanding of Debian's Philosophy and
   Procedures. He answered all my questions about Social Contract,
   DFSG, BTS etc. quite well; there were only a couple of very minor points
   I had to clarify.

3. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Frank is the maintainer of netenv, and is a tetex co-maintainer. I checked
   over the netenv package, and I had a few minor nitpicks, but aside from that,
   it was fine. He seems to be very thorough with the packaging, and responded
   to my suggestions very quickly.

   He also answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems.

   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
   Account: frank
   Forward-Email: frank@kuesterei.ch

--
Daniel Stone                                                <daniels@debian.org>