AM report for Frank Lichtenheld <frank@lichtenheld.de>

Summary for Frank Lichtenheld <frank@lichtenheld.de>

Identity
--------

Frank's key with the ID 0x5B713DF0 is signed by several Debian developers,
including Mako Hill, Peter Palfrader, Florian Lohoff, Erich Schubert and
myself.

pub  1024D/5B713DF0 2002-12-11 Frank Lichtenheld <frank@lichtenheld.de>
sig!2       C99870B1 2003-07-16   Benjamin Hill (Mako) <mako@debian.org>
sig!2       607559E6 2003-07-16   Benjamin Hill (Mako) <mako@debian.org>
sig!2       5706A4B4 2003-07-27   Simon Richter <Simon.Richter@hogyros.de>
sig!3       75BE8097 2003-07-15   Florian Lohoff <flo@mini.gt.owl.de>
sig!3       4B3A135C 2003-07-16   Erich Schubert <erich@debian.org>
sig!3       26841D5B 2003-07-16   Erich Schubert <erich.schubert@mucl.de>
sig!3       94C09C7F 2003-07-22   Peter Palfrader
sig!3       7E7B8AC9 2003-07-23   Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org>
sig!3       68FD549F 2003-07-30   Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
[...]

Background
----------

"I'm Frank Lichtenheld, a twenty-four years old student of physics at the
University of Karlsruhe, Germany. Besides my studies and my engagement in
Debian I'm very active in student politics as member of our student
parliament and as member of the students representation at our faculty.

Before I came first in contact with Linux at the University about three
years ago, I had mostly used Windows 9x (and before that MS-DOS) and had
only basic programming experiences in Pascal and C.  My main skills are now
programming in Perl and text editing (LaTeX).

I came to Debian in spring 2002 when we had to replace a Windows/Mac OS
network of Desktop PCs  at our students representation with something that
works... After only having some experiences with SuSE I got quickly
impressed by Debian's stability and superior package managment. While
learning to use Debian I also learned how to improve it and so I got
involved. I started translating websites, adopted some packages and am
currently searching my place in doing QA work.

I maintain lincvs and doc-linux (the latter together with Colin Watson).
I'm also very active as German translator and editor for the Debian
Website."

Philosophy & Procedures
-----------------------

Frank understands Debian's philosophy and agrees with it.  David Weinehall
previously did some P&P, and I later clarified some items and asked some
more questions.

Tasks & Skills
--------------

Frank answered Joerg's T&S template without any effort at all and showed a
good understanding.  Daniel Stone reviewed his package and found some minor
issues which Frank promptly fixed.  Frank has submitted some patches to
lintian, and has done some good QA work.

Recommendation

I recommend that Frank be accepted as a Debian maintainer.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com