AM Report for Steinar Gunderson

Report for new developer applicant Steinar H. Gunderson
<sgunderson@bigfoot.com>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0x52B7487E:

   ID Check passed, Key signed by existing DDs Petter Reinholdtsen
   <pere@debian.org> and Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@debian.org>

pub  1024D/52B7487E 2001-12-14 Steinar H. Gunderson <sgunderson@bigfoot.com>
     Key fingerprint = AD82 54B3 39CE 673A 1406  FD07 5CA4 50DE 52B7 487E
sig!        2A30D729 2003-09-29   Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@debian.org>
sig!3       52B7487E 2001-12-14   Steinar H. Gunderson <sgunderson@bigfoot.com>
sig!2       817A996A 2002-10-28   Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@raw.no>
sub  1024g/38BF565A 2001-12-14
sig!        52B7487E 2001-12-14   Steinar H. Gunderson <sgunderson@bigfoot.com>

5 signatures not checked due to missing keys

   Applicant writes:

I am a 20 year old student from Norway, currently studying for a
master degree (second year, of five) in communication technology at
the Norwegian University for Science and Technology (NTNU),
Trondheim. I came to Linux in 1997 (I think), after having read a lot
about it (using Linux as only operating system on my machines since
1999). My first installation was of Slackware 3.4, but after a few
years I heard about this `Debian' thing and saw it in action, being
particularily impressed by their packaging system (then only
controllable via dpkg and dselect :-) ), leading to a switch (or
rather, a gradual migration) to Debian.

After a while, I understood how much work was put into the packaging
and integration of these systems, and wanted to give something
back. Thus my intent to become a DD. :-) (Also, it's usually a lot
easier to get problems fixed if you can do it yourself :-) )

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Steinar has a very good understanding of Debian's Philosophy and
   Procedures. He answered all my Questions about Social Contract,
   DFSG, BTS etc very well (and in record time!).

   very good technically. I had him package amoeba without the use of
   debhelper, which he was easily able to do. In addition Steinar was
   able to answer my (well, Joerg's) Tasks & Skills questions very
   well.

   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
   Account:  sesse
   Forward-Email: sgunderson@bigfoot.com

--
Duncan Findlay