Re: Short bios of applicants

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 10:53:51AM -0400, Joe Nahmias wrote:

> Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > After the most recent "New Maintainers" summary posting to -project, I
> > was asked whether it can be mentioned where a developer lives.  While
> > I don't want to make this a requirement, feel free to ask people
> > whether they're willing to disclose that information and if they do
> > then include it in the short bio (i.e. the "Background" section of the
> > short AM report).

> Personally, I don't see a need for this info to be archived on a public
> mailing list.  If a New Maintainer so desires, s/he can add that info to
> LDAP -- that's what I did.  IMHO, I think a better approach would be to
> add a link to the NM's LDAP info.

I think it's interesting information for a fair number of people; and,
as noted, it's optional, so there's no obligation to have such
information archived on a public mailing list.

My vital stats are fairly public, so it wouldn't have bothered me in the
least.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer