Re: Big problem - GnuPG key deleted

* Anthony DeRobertis <asd@suespammers.org> [2003-07-14 15:24]:
>On Monday, Jul 14, 2003, at 14:53 US/Eastern, Filip Van Raemdonck wrote:
>>I know I wouldn't remember everyone's face I have met for keysigning
>>in the past, or if I remembered the face I wouln't always be sure
>>(s)he was claiming to be the same person back then as (s)he is
>>claiming to be now.
>
> I'd assume that if you signed the key due to seeing, e.g., a
> government-issued photo ID, you'd happily revoke the signature upon the
> presentation of the same.

 The point is, do you really remember that you have seen the same
government-issued photo ID back then?  That's what Filip is aiming at.
I personally wouldn't be sure that it is the same. There are two
Gerfried Fuchs in austria (at least, from what I know), and I wouldn't
like the other one to go to one of my signers, show him his
government-issued photo ID and tell them to revoke their signature on
the old key.

 I personally wouldn't do for I can't be sure that it is the same person
as the last time for my facial memory (and you can apply that to the
photo IDs, too) isn't that well. I don't know about yours, but I really
doubt that you would remember all of them.

 So long,
Alfie
--
use Mail::Signature;