Re: Initial Contact

Hi,

Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>  As long as people get approved by AMs and produce on sponsored uploads
> through their advocate bugs like #188905 and #188925, I am *glad* that
> the new-maintainer statistics are the way they are.

The sponsor should check that the package has a reasonable description /
compiles before uploading it. That's not just the NM's fault.

Running pdebuild instead of debuild, to check if the submitted package
builds, doesn't take any more time...

>  Think about it.

I did think about it (and nothing yet changed the opinion I arrived at as a
result of said thinking).

That's part of the reason why I am going to be a Debian maintainer, y'know?

--
Matthias Urlichs    |    noris network AG    |    http://smurf.noris.de/