AM report for Jamin W. Collin

As he describes himself:

"I've been working with Linux since mid-1999.  After a short time using
it, I was convinced that I could make a full switch to it from Windows.
Since early 2000, I've used Linux as my only OS at home and my main OS
at work (Windows is still needed for some proprietary tools).

I've tried many different distributions and even began work on one of my
own (based on Crux).  As I neared completion of my first attempt at an
install-able and usable install, a user of my firewall script questioned
my reasoning behind building my own distribution.  During the course of
our discussions, he encouraged me to give Debian another try.  I had
previous examined Debian but was turned off by the relative age of some
of the packages (I didn't at that time grasp the functionality of the
three tiered release).

I use quite a number of different Open Source packages and wanted to
give something back to the community. After finding Debian (the second
time) and having a better understanding of it's goals, I'm convinced
that Debian is a good fit."

2. Identification
-----------------

pub  1024D/EA3A2726 2002-07-29 Jamin W. Collins <jcollins@asgardsrealm.net>
sig!       EA3A2726 2002-07-29  Jamin W. Collins <jcollins@asgardsrealm.net>
sig?       F73E42A9 2002-08-07
sig!       91B0D3B7 2002-08-07  Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org>
sig!       F2F79E5B 2002-08-07  Paul Baker (mac) <pauljbaker@mac.com>
sub  1024g/4138AA40 2002-07-29
sig!       EA3A2726 2002-07-29  Jamin W. Collins <jcollins@asgardsrealm.net>

edd@debian.org matches db.debian.org.

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------

Jamin W. Collin has fully understood and agreed the policy and proceudres

4. Tasks and Skills
-------------------

He is also an active maintainer of the Debian Jabber packages now for a
few months, with the assistance of Dirk Eddelbuettel (sponsor). He has
closed 9 bugs against the Jabber package.

In addition to the Jabber packages, he maintain an iptables firewall script
(not yet in Debian) and the associated support list.
He has also packaged (not in Debian, yet) a php-program called
moviemate, which looks nice.

Regards,

// Ola

/  opal@debian.org                     Annebergsslingan 37      \
|  opal@lysator.liu.se                 654 65 KARLSTAD          |
|  +46 (0)54-10 14 30                  +46 (0)70-332 1551       |
|  http://www.opal.dhs.org             UIN/icq: 4912500         |