Hi

Report for new developer applicant Marc Brockschmidt <marc@dch-faq.de>

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0x68B2B6B1:

   ID Check passed, Key signed from 1 existing DD, mvo@debian.org

   Output from keycheck.sh 0x68B2B6B1

pub  1024R/68B2B6B1 2002-01-13 Marc Brockschmidt <marc@dch-faq.de>
     Key fingerprint = 2A 59 A3 49 6C 85 8F 19  E8 5F 85 DB E5 09 DF 2F
sig!        68B2B6B1 2002-02-18   Marc Brockschmidt <marc@dch-faq.de>
sig!3       5662C734 2003-07-27   Michael Vogt <mvo@debian.org>
uid                            Marc Brockschmidt <Marc_Brockschmidt@gmx.de>
sig!        68B2B6B1 2002-01-13   Marc Brockschmidt <marc@dch-faq.de>
sig!3       5662C734 2003-07-27   Michael Vogt <mvo@debian.org>
uid                            Marc Brockschmidt <marc@marcbrockschmidt.de>
sig!        68B2B6B1 2002-02-17   Marc Brockschmidt <marc@dch-faq.de>
sig!3       5662C734 2003-07-27   Michael Vogt <mvo@debian.org>

   Applicant writes:
--8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---
I'm 17 and live in Bochum, Germany. I go to school and will (hopefully)
finish it with my Abitur in ~9 month. I also study computer science at
the Fernuniversitaet Hagen (For the non-germans: A university to study
without going to lectures. You get some text, have to send more or
less normal exercises back and at the end of the semester you have to
do an exam in a university nearby. It is considered to be as good as a
normal university). After a year of civil service I'll study computer
science at a normal university. I'm also interested in history and
social sciences.

I want to improve Debian, which is adopting and actively maintaining
packages, helping with patches wherever i can.

I started with Linux only 1 and 1/2 ago, before that i mainly was the
windows gaming type of computer user, though i had learned a lot about
programming. Both my parents do "computer stuff" for living, so it is
normal for me to talk about soft- and hardware at home. My mother
introduced me to SuSe Linux 4 or 5 years ago, but after some playing on
the shell i removed it from my disk. Then, ~2 years ago, more and more
people told me about debian and its advantages, so i decided to try it
out. The first try failed, my motherboard decided to go to hell that
day. After 2 or 3 month i installed debian on my main box... Getting the
X-Server to work was hard, but using my ISDN hardware was impossible (no
drivers :-/). I bought new hardware that week and after that most things
worked perfectly. Since that moment i really love debian. I've learned a
lot about debian through reading the IRC support channels. I really like
the debian community and want to give something back to be part of this
work.
--8<------------------------schnapp------------------------->8---

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Marc has a good understanding of Debians Philosophy and
   Procedures. He answered all my Questions about Social Contract,
   DFSG, BTS etc. in a good way.

3. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Marc is Maintainer of dh-make-perl, some lib*-perl packages, firehol,
   psh and wmclockmon (see the QA Site for a detailed list) all Packages
   in Debian.
   He also answered my other Questions regarding T&S without problems.

   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
   Account:  he
   Forward-Email: debian+forward@marcbrockschmidt.de

--
bye Joerg
<Sahneschnitter> Aquariophile: welches debian/ welche xfree version?