AM Report for Sebastian Ley

Report for new developer applicant Sebastian Ley <sebastian.ley@mmweg.rwth-aachen.de>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0x9FD6E3E6

   ID Check passed, Key signed by one existing DD, Carsten Leonhardt <leo@debian.org>

   Output from 'gpg --check-sigs 0x9FD6E3E6':

   pub  1024D/9FD6E3E6 2001-03-01 Sebastian Ley <sebastian.ley@post.rwth-aachen.de>
   sig!        9FD6E3E6 2001-03-01   Sebastian Ley <sebastian.ley@post.rwth-aachen.de>
   sig!        13DA7D4B 2001-03-10   Joachim Kupke <joachimk@cs.rwth-aachen.de>
   sig!3       53C3FE88 2003-01-29   Matthias Laabs (Matt) <matthias.laabs@web.de>
   sig!3       AEBCC5E8 2003-03-24   Carsten Leonhardt <leo@debian.org>
   uid                            Sebastian Ley <sebastianley@gmx.de>
   sig!        9FD6E3E6 2001-03-02   Sebastian Ley <sebastian.ley@post.rwth-aachen.de>
   sig!        13DA7D4B 2001-10-24   Joachim Kupke <joachimk@cs.rwth-aachen.de>
   uid                            Sebastian Ley <sebastian.ley@mmweg.rwth-aachen.de>
   sig!        9FD6E3E6 2001-03-02   Sebastian Ley <sebastian.ley@post.rwth-aachen.de>
   sig!        13DA7D4B 2001-10-24   Joachim Kupke <joachimk@cs.rwth-aachen.de>
   sig!3       53C3FE88 2003-01-29   Matthias Laabs (Matt) <matthias.laabs@web.de>
   sig!3       AEBCC5E8 2003-03-24   Carsten Leonhardt <leo@debian.org>
   sub  2048g/E9DAF4E8 2001-03-01
   sig!        9FD6E3E6 2001-03-01   Sebastian Ley <sebastian.ley@post.rwth-aachen.de>

   Applicant writes:

   --8<-------------------------------------------------------->8---

   My name is Sebastian Ley and I am a 25 year old student of computer science
   from Aachen, Germany. I use Linux as my operating system for three years now,
   and chose debian, because it offered me what I was  missing from other OSes
   or Linux Distributions: A transparent view of my computer from the top to the
   bottom.

   While using the huge pile of software I did not have to pay a penny for, I
   naturally found bugs or wished that the software behaved different. After
   digging deeper in some details, I found out how much work it is to create
   and maintain all these programs. I also found out that participitation is
   not too difficult and that it is a great way to give something back to the
   community while at the same time improving the software I use everyday.

   My first idea was to support the debian-desktop project. From there I got to
   the debian-installer people where I currently try to help. I focussed on the
   gtk-frontend for cdebconf which proceeds nicely. Furthermore I help them with
   filing bugs or help hunting them.

   --8<-------------------------------------------------------->8---

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------

   Sebastian has demonstrated a good understanding of Debian's Philosophy and
   Procedures. He answered the questions about the Social Contract, the DFSG,
   the BTS etc. and had nearly no problems with it.

   When I checked the package initially, i found some smaller flaws which he
   fixed quickly. He was also able to adapt this package to a non-debhelper
   version.

   Sebastian also answered the usual questions for the Tasks & Skills step in
   a good manner. Additionally, he was able to answer a question about how to
   make a package more userfriendly and a question about settings symlinks in
   Debian packages.

   After all, I am convinced that Sebastian Ley has the necessary technical
   knowledge to become a condign Debian Developer.

   I recommend to accept Sebastian Ley as a Debian Developer.

   Account: ley
   Forward-Email: sebastian.ley@mmweg.rwth-aachen.de

--
  .''`.   Martin Loschwitz           Debian GNU/Linux developer
 : :'  :  madkiss@madkiss.org        madkiss@debian.org