Re: I'd like new maintainer for gtkfind package

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 09:37:56PM -0300, Rodrigo Tadeu Claro wrote:
> Hello

Hi,

> My name is Rodrigo Tadeu Claro, I' m from Brazil.
> I'd like to become the Maintainer of the Gtkfind.

That's not the right way to declare your interest in packaging a piece
of software. If you only want it to be packaged but you are not willing
to do it yourself, you should file a RFP (Request For Packaging) bug on
Debian's BTS. If you intent to package the software yourself, you should
file an ITP (Intent To Package) bug instead.

Also, after you have done all the hard work of packaging the software
you should ask one Debian maintainer to be your sponsor. Your sponsor
will need to check your packages and eventually upload it to the Debian
archive if he/she found it to meet Debian's requirements.

Additionally, if you are interested in becoming a new maiantainer, you
should start reading all the documentation available on [1].

Regards,

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/join/newmaint

--
||  André Luís Lopes                   andrelop@ig.com.br               ||