AM Report for Leo Costela

Report for new developer applicant Leo Costela<costelaaa@ig.com.br>.

My apologies to Leo for this inexcusable delay :(

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0x7ADF9466

   ID Check passed, Key signed by existing DD, Eduardo Marcel Macan
   <macan@debian.org>

   Output from gpg --check-sigs 0x7ADF9466

pub  1024D/7ADF9466 2001-12-20 Leo Costela <costela@pop.com.br>
sig!3       7ADF9466 2002-09-17   Leo Costela <costela@pop.com.br>
uid                            Leo Costela <costelaaa@ig.com.br>
sig!3       7ADF9466 2001-12-20   Leo Costela <costela@pop.com.br>
sig!        EB9CDAD5 2002-04-12   Eduardo Marcel Macan <macan@debian.org>
uid                            Leo Costela <leo@wallsplash.net>
sig!3       7ADF9466 2002-03-21   Leo Costela <costela@pop.com.br>
sig!        EB9CDAD5 2002-04-12   Eduardo Marcel Macan <macan@debian.org>
sub  1024g/3753AE56 2001-12-20
sig!        7ADF9466 2001-12-20   Leo Costela <costela@pop.com.br>

   Applicant writes:

> My story with linux goes back till Red Hat 5.1, 4 to 5 year ago I
> believe, it was my first dist and I didn't learn much from my first
> encounter... some weeks later I got Slack 3.6 and felt much more at
> home, learned a lot from the inner workings of linux, installed X for my
> first time, had the first real problems with linux and solved them until
> I felt Slack was holding me back from a lot of the details. So I got
> Debian right after I joined a web company that was working with Zope.
> Needless to say Debian is what I was looking for and I finally felt
> confident to compile my own kernels and abandon Win32 for real.
> So after all this I thought I might be a more productive part of this
> community if a contribute somehow and being an active part of Debian was
> the logical next step.

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Leo has a good understanding of Debians Philosophy and
   Procedures. He answered most of my Questions about Social Contract,
   DFSG, BTS etc. in a good way. Some problematic answers were quickly
   answered correctly by Leo after some clarification.

3. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Leo maintains libicq2000 and ickle, an ICQ client based on that
   library. The packages were mostly well packaged, except for a
   build-depends problem and some nits he fixed very quickly.
   He also answered my other questions regarding T&S without major
   problems. Again, after some clarification, he got the few rough edges
   polished.

   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
   Account: costela
   Forward-Email: leo@wallsplash.net

Thanks,
Jordi