Name: Dennis Stampfer
E-Mail: kontakt@dstampfer.de

Debian Account: seppy
Forward Mail To: kontakt@dstampfer.de

Identification
--------------

Key signed by existing developer: Michael Fedrowitz <michaelf@debian.org>

pub  1024D/EFAA3331 2002-07-25 Dennis Stampfer (seppy) <seppy@enemy.org>
     Key fingerprint = BEC9 A372 3351 A895 1C97  42A4 CBFB FB57 EFAA 3331
sig!3       04604EB8 2002-09-05   Michael Fedrowitz <michaelf@debian.org>
sig!3       EFAA3331 2002-07-25   Dennis Stampfer (seppy) <seppy@enemy.org>
uid                            Dennis Stampfer (seppy) <kontakt@dstampfer.de>
sig!3       04604EB8 2002-09-05   Michael Fedrowitz <michaelf@debian.org>
sig!3       EFAA3331 2002-07-25   Dennis Stampfer (seppy) <seppy@enemy.org>
sub  1024g/124CCD4B 2002-07-25
sig!        EFAA3331 2002-07-25   Dennis Stampfer (seppy) <seppy@enemy.org>

Passed.

Background
----------

Dennis wrote the following about himself:

> Personally: I live with my parents and my brother in southern
> Germany, Heidenheim (close to Ulm which is close to Stuttgart).
> I am an 18-year-old pupil going to a Technical Gymnasium which has
> its emphasis on information technology.
>
> My first contact with Linux was about 2.5 years ago with Caldera
> Open Linux. I had not much experience in programming and using
> non-Graphic/mouse systems/programs. Later, I dropped Linux (Caldera)
> because it was useless and uninteresting: I could not get Internet
> to work, no printer, ...
>
> Some time later, a friend of mine bought a Debian CD bundle with
> a book, and during the next holidays I tried it out and found it
> very attractive. Cheap, good, fast, excellent update-mechanism and
> it did what I wanted (I am not a Gamer).
>
> Why I want to become a DD? I think Open Source is Great! Programming
> and Software is fun! I started small projects, but nobody was
> interested in them (neither using nor helping to develop). So I
> looked around for Projects I could work on. I found nothing. I think
> I can do projects for myself and never use them or I can work on an
> excellent OS to become better (and if somebody uses it, my work is
> not useless). In Debian I see a well structured organisation and
> infrastructure where help is needed.

Philosophy and Procedures
-------------------------

Was able to adequately summarise the intent of the Social Contract and
DFSG in his own words.

Answered a series of questions on Policy, Procedure and the BTS
in a satisfactory way.

He agreed to abide by the DMUP.

He agreed to abide the Social Contract.

He agreed to uphold the DFSG.

Passed.

Tasks and Skills
----------------

He has taken over two packages, robodoc and timeoutd.  Both have been
sponsored and uploaded into unstable.

Both packages required updating to the latest standards version, I asked
him what the changes were and he was successfully able to identify them
and fixed the packages accordingly.

He also closed a couple of missing-man-page bugs, corrected an
init.d script to match policy and cleaned up the rules files
considerably.

Both packages are lintian-clean.

He's made a number of bug reports for other packages, many of which had
patches that fixed the problem included.

Some good examples are: 159080, 157787, 122755 and 152492.

He's also been helping with translating manpages into German for the
manpages-de Project.

Passed.

Scott
--
Scott James Remnant     Have you ever, ever felt like this?  Had strange
http://netsplit.com/      things happen?  Are you going round the twist?