--------

pub  1024D/2A30D729 2002-08-13 Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com>
sig!3       2A30D729 2002-08-13   Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com>
sig!3       7665A8B7 2002-08-19   Morten Hustveit <morten@debian.org>
sub  2048g/F097D959 2002-08-13
sig!        2A30D729 2002-08-13   Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com>

Background
----------

Petter started using Debian as part of his work at Opera, and developed
a conviction in its ease of administration. As a result, he advocated
Debian as the base for the Norwegian Skolelinux project for school
networks, on which Debian developers Tollef Fog Heen and Lars Bahner
also work. He is keen to integrate Skolelinux's work on debian-installer
and debian-cd back into the Debian distribution.

Petter is also a SANE developer, the maintainer of Japhar, and the
author of chrpath.

Philosophy & Procedures
-----------------------

I discussed various aspects of Debian's philosophy with Petter, and I'm
satisfied that he understands and agrees with it. He has agreed to the
DMUP.

Tasks & Skills
--------------

Petter has done substantial work already on d-i, including active work
on the autopartkit partitioning tool. To me, his code both there and in
chrpath looks very clean, maintainable, and careful to handle errors
correctly.

His advocate, Tollef Fog Heen (d-i lead) says:

  Petter gets things done.  Lots of things, like auto-building of
  cd-images with d-i on them.  He fixes things the right way.

  Petter has experience with the d-i effort and has already helped out
  quite a bit there.  He also has hacked on debian-cd, adding support
  for putting the security updates onto the cd.

  He already knows the Debian way of doing things and I think he'll make
  a good DD.

Recommendation

I recommend that Petter be accepted as a Debian maintainer.

Debian login: pere
Forwarding email: pere@hungry.com