Re: nm.debian.org maze

* Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com> [2002-10-18 17:18]:
> If I want to become NM, I need an advocate.  To get an advocate, I need
> a sponsored package.  So get a sponsor, ... oops, I can not find
> information here in http://nm.debian.org or

nm.d.o has a link to http://www.debian.org/devel/join/newmaint which
has a description about sponsors that includes, "You can find a
sponsor by sending an email to <debian-mentors@lists.debian.org>
describing your package and asking for a sponsor."

>   The sponsorship program:
>   http://www.internatif.org/bortzmeyer/debian/sponsor/

I don't think this page is particularly well maintained.  For example,
it has entries like these:

   maxwell atsuu <treedock@hotmail.com> (he's looking for a sponsor !)

     Anybody interested in some world wide advertising .I am a tree
doctor looking for a company to sponsor me .I will participate in a
sailing race from cape town to Rio de Janeiro big space available on
the ship .approx .£3000. Thank you

   eye_i dbi <eye_i@163.com> (he's looking for a sponsor !)

     I am a progamer!!!

   Ellen Abena Opoku <ellenopoku@email.com> (he's looking for a sponsor !)

     I AM A LDAY OF 29 YEARS OF AGE AND I AM LOOKING FOR SPONSOR IN
ANY COUNTRY WHO CAN SPONSOR ME.  I AM A STUDENT.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com