Re: DAM approval wait time?

* Andrew Lau

| On Oct 02, 2002 at 09:31:03 +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
| > Some people are more important to the project than others.
|
| 	Perhaps some people have friends higher up in Debian? I have
| an ugly email address that marks me as untouchable for after having
| ever written something for Debian Planet? The universe loves screwing
| me over? Who knows? I haven't gotten a reason from anyone yet.

I'd like not to quote me out of context like that, especially not when
cross posting to other lists; for the record, here is what I said:

: Some people are more important to the project than others.  People
: who are already contributing to important projects might get faster
: processing that those who «only» maintain a few packages.

: I don't think that's too insensible, projects like debian-cd, d-i
: and such are critical to getting out a new release, most new
: packages aren't.

| 	Why can't James Troup just come out and say something,
| anything? I can't stand this silent treatment anymore. What on Earth
| have I done to piss him off but to send a polite request for an
| explanation a month ago?

Why do you think you have pissed him off?  You might obviously had
with this email, though I am not here to talk for anybody except
myself.  Also, note that he processes people once in a while -- one
can argue about the swiftness, but people are actually getting through
the system.

| You'd feel the same if you were in the same boat as any other NM
| who's waited for over 6 months without explanation.

That's right, I only waited a few months for my account.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-