AM Report for Jonas Meurer

Hello again,

Report for new developer applicant Jonas Meurur <jonas@freesources.org>

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
   Jonas was very succinctly advocated and sponsored and advocated by
   Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> :) :

---SNIP---
I sponsor him and he does useable packages.
---SNIP---

   Check with Keyid 0xE25F2102:

   Jonas' key is signed by at least one Debian developer: Wesley W. Terpestra.

   Output from gpg --check-sigs 0xE25F2102:

pub  1024D/E25F2102 2002-06-16 Jonas Meurer <jmeurer@gmx.de>
sig!       6E06F59B 2002-06-24  Moritz Sinn <moritz@freesources.org>
sig!       E25F2102 2002-06-24  Jonas Meurer <jmeurer@gmx.de>
sig!       97C398CB 2002-06-27  Stefan Pfetzing <dreamind@dreamind.de>
sig!       8F3E77FC 2002-06-24  michael loeffler <michael@opengroups.de>
sig!       718A9256 2002-06-23  Wesley W. Terpstra (Debian) <terpstra@debian.org>
sig!       DF42DEB5 2002-06-24  Alexander Kreuzer <alex@freesources.org>
uid                            Jonas Meurer <jonas@freesources.org>
sig!       6E06F59B 2002-06-24  Moritz Sinn <moritz@freesources.org>
sig!       E25F2102 2002-06-24  Jonas Meurer <jmeurer@gmx.de>
sig!       97C398CB 2002-06-27  Stefan Pfetzing <dreamind@dreamind.de>
sig!       8F3E77FC 2002-06-24  michael loeffler <michael@opengroups.de>
sig!       718A9256 2002-06-23  Wesley W. Terpstra (Debian) <terpstra@debian.org>
sig!       DF42DEB5 2002-06-24  Alexander Kreuzer <alex@freesources.org>
sub  1024g/FDFE6092 2002-06-16
sig!       E25F2102 2002-06-16  Jonas Meurer <jmeurer@gmx.de>

   Background:

Jonas is 17, German, and has been using Linux for 3 years and Debian
for half that time. In this short period he's become very active in
many aspects of free software development and advocacy and joining
Debian has become a logical next step. In his own words:

---SNIP---
There are many ideological reasons for me to use and support Free
Software. Also I think the development of Software works much better when
it's free. I use Debian, because it's the best distribution I ever used,
and I support it to make it better. It's completely free (I don't use
contrib and non-free), it's packaging system is nearly perfect in my
eyes, and I agree absolutely with the Debian Policy and the Debian
Social Contract.
---SNIP---

2. Philosophy and Procedures
----------------------------
   I asked Jonas a large number of questions about Debian philosophy
and procedure. While there was a little bit of confusion at first, he
engaged in a long series of emails discussing his answers and feelings
and clearly demonstrating his knowledge of Debian philosophy and
procedures.

   Jonas is a solid and passionate advocate of free software and the
philosophy behind Debian. After we cleared up a few areas of confusion
around particulars, I'm confident in his knowledge in both of these
areas.

3. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Jonas already maintains 3 packages in Debian: lurker, gaff. and
gween. Over the period that I've been working with him, he has
demonstrated himself to be a a responsive, competent maintainer. I'm
confident that he'll continue as an official developer.

   I recommend that Jonas be accepted into the Debian project as a developer.

   Account: mejo
   Forward-Email: jonas@freesources.org

--
Benj. Mako Hill