Hi

Report for new developer applicant Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0xA8061F32:

   ID Check passed, Key signed from 1 existing DD, Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@debian.org>

   Output from gpg --check-sigs 0xA8061F32

pub  1024D/A8061F32 2002-05-07 Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com>
     Key fingerprint = 253A 4076 6A3B CCE2 A426  DEF5 E80F C4C1 A806 1F32
sig!        797E641D 2002-05-13   Ben Pfaff <blp@stanford.edu>
sig!3       A8061F32 2002-05-07   Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com>
sub  1024g/01A117C2 2002-05-07
sig!        A8061F32 2002-05-07   Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com>

   Comments about Applicant and what he writes:
--8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---
When I started in Debian, I realized "User Document" beyond install and
"cd", "tar", .... was missing.  So I started to collect my install memo
and ML postings on how to have fun with testing/unstable box.  That grew
to be current "Debian Quick Reference".  Soon after I joined DDP, Josip
Rodin suggested to change its name to be "Debian Reference" since it
grew too big and very extensive.  (I have plan to create short excerpts
as "Debian Quick Reference" by using build script from the same source.)
--8<------------------------schnapp------------------------->8---

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Osamu has a good understanding of Debians Philosophy and
   Procedures. He answered all my Questions about Social Contract,
   DFSG, BTS etc. in a good way.

3. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Osamu is not a package maintainer. He is a documentation writer.
   So the T&S test was a little different.
   He has written the "Debian Reference", available from
   http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#quick-reference
   and Development Version from http://qref.sourceforge.net/ which is
   the " Most comprehensive DDP user manual at the moment."
   After discussing some things i found i also asked some people he
   mentioned (Package maintainer of qref package, DDP guys) to write
   me a summary about Osamu. All very positive.

   Then I sent him *some* of my T&S Questions (the ones that are
   important for a doc-maintainer too). He answered them and a few days
   later he answered all the missing ones, so he worked out answers for
   all T&S Questions.

   I think that this altogether is enough for T&S.

   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
   Account:  osamu (or oa or aoki)
   Forward-Email: debian@aokiconsulting.com

--
begin  OjE-ist-scheisse.txt
bye, Joerg                 Encrypted Mail preferred!