Re: Skills check for sponsored packages

Wilmer van der Gaast wrote:
> Same here. And now I just don't even use dh anymore. Why should I? (But
> most people still use it, even after trying a package without dh.. Why?)

Probably the same reason that most people continue to use a C compiler
even after learning how to write assembly by hand: They have a lot of
code to write, and the C compiler seems to get most optimizations better
than the human. There will of course be exceptions; some people who can
consistently beat the C compiler, and some people who just *think* they
can or are intentionally perverse.

Of course debhelper, like a good C compiler, is designed to allow inline
"assembly" when you really need it, so it's quite easy to get the best
of both worlds.

--
see shy jo