Re: Skills check for sponsored packages

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> Oohara Yuuma <oohara@libra.interq.or.jp> writes:
>
> >> My solution is to ask for a package built without debhelper (every DD
> >> should be able to do it).
> > I don't like reinventing the wheel.
>
> You dont have to like it. :)

Asking folks not to use debhelper is silly.  What does it prove?
Software tools are written to be used; encapsulation of lower-level tasks
is the name of the game.  Otherwise, why are we even bothering to package
software?

<sigh> Maybe we should ask folks to compile their kernels without using
the supplied make files.  That would prove that they *really* know what
they're doing.

/voivod runs off to admonish one of his sponsees for using commands with
names longer than 3 letters!

<tmancill@debian.org>

  tony@mancill.com     |  An ounce of perception,
http://www.debian.org  |     a pound of obscure...