AM report on Martin Sjögren

===========================

Martin about himself:
---------------------

Why I want to join the Debian project? Partly because I want to give
something back, since I think that Debian is a great distribution, and
that it can still be improved. Partly it is for practicality :) Last
summer, I wrote a piece of software at work (pyOpenSSL,
http://sf.net/projects/pyopenssl/) that we use in our product. We
decided to release it under the LGPL license, for possible inclusion
in the standard Python library, and so others could build on it. The
less the company has to maintain it, the better. Since we use Debian
on almost all machines at work, it was natural to build Debian
packages of it, and the natural step after that is to get them into
the Debian distribution.

Advocate:
---------

Martin's application is advocated by Moshe Zadka <moshez@debian.org>:

  I have sponsored his first upload of pyopenssl, yet another SSL
  interface for Python -- the one Twisted is using. Martin is both the
  upstream author of Pyopenssl, and he has performed the packaging. I
  had very few problems with his package, and all the ones I had were
  ones he knew about before hand and was in the process of fixing, which
  he did. Pyopenssl, as a binary extension to Python, is quite a
  complicated package. I would be very glad to have Martin upload the
  next versions of pyopenssl directly instead of having to sponsor him.

ID check:
---------

Martin's key is signed by debian members Anders Hammarquist and Tollef
Fog Heen:

pub  1024D/9C04F456 2001-03-18 Martin Sjögren <marvin@dum.chalmers.se>
sig!3       9C04F456 2002-04-19   Martin Sjögren <marvin@dum.chalmers.se>
uid                            Martin Sjögren <md9ms@mdstud.chalmers.se>
sig!        A7228C38 2001-07-19   Anders Hammarquist (N2JGL)
sig!3       9C04F456 2001-03-18   Martin Sjögren <marvin@dum.chalmers.se>
sig!        817A996A 2002-04-12   Tollef Fog Heen (PVV) <tfheen@pvv.ntnu.no>
sig!        061D1B25 2001-07-19   Anders Hammarquist (N2JGL)
uid                            Martin Sjögren <martin@strakt.com>
sig!3       9C04F456 2001-06-17   Martin Sjögren <marvin@dum.chalmers.se>
sub  1024g/09610D5F 2001-03-18
sig!        9C04F456 2001-03-18   Martin Sjögren <marvin@dum.chalmers.se>

Philosphy&Procedures:
---------------------

Martin knows our philosphy and agrees to it. He answered my favourite
questions about free and non-free licences, and about our procedures
to my complete satisfaction.

Tasks&Skills:
-------------

Martin has packaged pyopenssl which is in our archives through the
sponsorship of Moshe Zadka <moshez@debian.org>. It is a multiple
binary package, comprising binary packages compiled respectively for
python 2.1 and python 2.2, and a doc package. The package builds
without any problems, is lintian clean and installs cleanly. I found
the package generally well done, I just asked Martin to register the
documentation with doc_base and to remove unnecessary dh_* invocation.
He resolved this rapidly in version 0.4.1-6 of his package (which
AFAICS is not yet uploaded).

Evaluation and Check-in

I'm glad to recommend Martin Sjögren as a new member to debian.

Preferred login:            sjogren
Second choice for login:    msjogren
Email forward to:           md9ms@mdstud.chalmers.se

Martin agrees to abide by the DMUP.