AM Report for Karl Bartel

Hello,

This is the summary for Karl Bartel <karlb@gmx.net>'s application.
Karl's application was started by Adrian Bunk, and then was reassigned
to me when Adrian retired.

Background
----------
Karl got to know GNU/Linux when he got tired of coding DOS apps and
didn't find a nice build env. to write DirectX apps. He tried SDL and
discovered it was what he was looking after. He has written a few games,
like black-box or bumprace. All of them are packaged in Debian.
He's joining Debian to give back to the FS community all the nice tools
it has provided him.

2. Identification
-----------------
pub  1024D/9C6D5E59 2001-01-03 Karl Bartel <karlb@gmx.net>
sig!       9C6D5E59 2001-01-03  Karl Bartel <karlb@gmx.net>
sig!       887EB817 2001-04-07  Frank Ronneburg <fr@belug.org>
sig!       EF439690 2001-04-09  Michael Piefel <piefel@debian.org>
sub  1024g/EDA164B0 2001-01-03
sig!       9C6D5E59 2001-01-03  Karl Bartel <karlb@gmx.net>

Karl's key is signed by Michael Piefel. ID step passed.

3. Philosophy and Procedures
----------------------------
Karl answered some questions to my satisfaction. He agrees with the
Social Contract and DMUP.

P&P passed.

4. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
Karl has two packages in Debian woody/sid: black-box (a game, not the
wm), and penguin-command. Both were well done.
In addition to my checks, Adrian Bunk said the following about this:
> - Tasks and Skills Check: I've sponsored him several months and my
>   impression is that he does now satisfy my (relatively high)
>   expectations regarding the skills of a new maintainer.

Summary
-------
I recommend that Karl gets accepted as a Debian maintainer.

Account Information
Account name: karlb@debian.org
Email address: karlb@gmx.net

Thanks,
Jordi
--
Jordi Mallach Pérez || jordi@pusa.informat.uv.es || Rediscovering Freedom,
   aka Oskuro in    || jordi@sindominio.net      || Using Debian GNU/Linux

http://sindominio.net  GnuPG public information:      pub  1024D/917A225E
telnet pusa.uv.es 23   73ED 4244 FD43 5886 20AC  2644 2584 94BA 917A 225E