Summary for Matthew Garrett <mjg59@srcf.ucam.org>

Identity
--------

pub  1024D/5D58893B 2000-08-02 Matthew Garrett <mjg59@srcf.ucam.org>
[...]
sig!       10FA4CD1 2002-02-14  Colin Watson <cjwatson@flatline.org.uk>

Background
----------

Matthew is a computational biologist currently working towards a PhD.
His primary interest as far as contributing to Debian is concerned is
the further development of the NetBSD ports.  He states that, "I
believe that this effort is in keeping with the Social Contract, as it
makes Debian available to users who either prefer another kernel or who
are unable to run Linux on their hardware (NetBSD supports several pieces
of hardware that currently do not run Linux)."

Philosophy & Procedures
-----------------------

Matthew understands Debian's philosophy and agrees with it.

Tasks & Skills
--------------

Matthew has put together a chroot environment for Debian GNU/NetBSD.
This effort was described in DWN (Jan 16th 2002) at
http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2002/3/  He has written various
patches, most of which have been posted to debian-bsd.  He also
answered some porting specific questions I asked.  All this shows that
he has the knowledge to work on the NetBSD port.

Recommendation

I recommend that Matthew be accepted as a Debian maintainer.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com