sig!       C8D6942C 2001-06-26  Robert Millan <zeratul2@wanadoo.es>
sig!       6538F5BF 2001-07-06  Mattia Monga <monga@debian.org>
sub  2048g/C549E4CC 2001-06-26
sig!       C8D6942C 2001-06-26  Robert Millan <zeratul2@wanadoo.es>

Identity passed.

Background
 ----------

Robert writes about himself:
   I'm a young computer-science student who has been interested
   on GNU/Linux systems for quite some time.

   I initially came to free software because it was technically superior to
   the platform I normally used (windows); when i had some experience
   with it I found the importance of it being 'free', and became
   compromised with the free software movement.

   Then I found the Debian GNU/Linux distribution, i were told that
   it was hold by a volunteering effort and that their objectives were
   freedom and quality, rather than benefits and market share.

   I found it to my liking that a group or people could be generously
   spending lots of time and effort to produce a good for the computer
   user, so I decided to help with my spare time.

Robert wants to maintain packages and help with handheld efforts.

Philosophy & Procedures
-----------------------

Robert agreed to uphold the social contract in his work.  He also
agreed to the DMUP.  He was able to answer questions about p&p to my
satisfaction.

Tasks & Skills
--------------

Robert maintains the plex86 package.  It's a fairly tough package for
a new maintainer, requiring mastery of Debconf, kernel module
building, fast-changing upstream, and some of the trickier bits of
Debian configuration policy.  The package is not perfect; there is
still significant room for improvement.  However Robert is continuing
to improve the package, and I believe it is suitable for inclusion in
Debian as it stands.  (It has been sponsored and is in the archive)

We had a long conversation about some of my questions; Robert
demonstrated the ability to evaluate, classify and deal with bug
reports; to understand and draw generalizations from other packages;
to explain how his package interacted with policy; and to come up with
proper solutions to configuration issues.  He also demonstrated
knowledge of the packaging technologies he used sufficient to justify
his use of these technologies.

Passed; it is nice to see people grabbing fairly difficult projects
and rising to the challenge, learning as they go.

Recommendation

I recommend Robert  Millan be accepted as a Debian developer.

Debian login: rmh
Forwarding email: zeratul2@wanadoo.es