AM Summary for Mario Joussen

Summary for Mario Joussen <mario@joussen.org>

In summary, Mario writes:

I came in contact with Solaris during my study of computer
science. Soon I want to have a UNIX system at home and so I tried
Linux. I started with the SuSE distribution, but about two years ago I
changed to Debian. Now I work in a small software firm as system and
network administrator. There my first task was to change the operating
system of the file server from Windows 2000 to Linux.

I intend to package applications for Debian, because I don't like
files on my computer which do not belong to any package. And if I
built a package for my computer, I would be nice, if I can contribute
it to Debian.

ID
^^

Mario's key is signed by Michael Weber <michaelw@debian.org>

dsilvers@ennui:~$ gpg --check-sigs joussen
pub  1024D/D2A6B810 2001-10-13 Mario Joussen <mario@joussen.org>
sig!       D2A6B810 2001-11-22  Mario Joussen <mario@joussen.org>
sig!       F65C68CD 2002-01-20  Michael Weber <michaelw@foldr.org>
sub  1024g/DDF50B7E 2001-10-13
sig!       D2A6B810 2001-10-13  Mario Joussen <mario@joussen.org>

Philosophy and Procedures
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mario has answered many questions relating to policy, the BTS, NMUs,
The DFSG etc. He has demonstrated knowledge of the debian list server.

Tasks and Skills
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mario packaged mdctl (a set of tools for managing Linux software RAID setups).
Michael Weber uploaded mdctl as Mario's sponsor and seems happy with Mario's
packaging skills.

To me, his packaging was to a high standard, save a couple of cosmetic
errors which he has demonstrated an ability to take bug reports and
correct problems.

Recommendation

I therefore recommend that Mario be made a Debian Maintainer.

Debian Login: joussen
Forwarding Address: debian@joussen.org