AM summary for Alexander Zangerl

Identification
--------------

pub  1024D/42BD645D 1999-06-06 Alexander Zangerl <az@austria.eu.net>
sig!       BC185AB3 2001-09-20  Robert Bihlmeyer <robbe@debian.org>

Background
----------

Alexander writes about himself:

> my first experiences were with the kernel disk and no distrib, the
> real start of using linux properly came with SLS, then came slackware
> and finally debian in 99 or so. i do not like redhat and siblings because
> of the sysadmin-unfriendlyness their configuration setup exhibits.
> for the same reason i detest suse. (i've been running a
> linux production server on a sparc using redhat from 98 on...)
>
> i've got experience as unix systems programmer, isp sysadmin and system
> designer, security consultant and now i'm an assistant professor of
> computer science at bond uni, queensland, AU (i'm austrian, though).
>
> my computer experience starts at about 86, when i cobbled together DOS
> TSR programs in assembler, pascal and c; my unix experience starts about
> 91, when i started using coherent at home and other unices at the university.

Philosophy and procedures
-------------------------

Alexander understands Debian's philosophy and agrees with it.

Tasks and skills
----------------

Alexander has packaged kuvert, which he is also upstream for, and (at
my request) packaged intel2gas without using any helper scripts. Both
of these seem fine to me.

Recommendation

I recommend that Alexander be accepted as a Debian maintainer.

Debian login: az
Forwarding email: az+debmnt@snafu.priv.at

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-             -><-          | London, UK