AM summary for Bruce Walker

Summary for Bruce Walker <bruce@w1bw.org>

Background
^^^^^^^^^^

Bruce writes:

My involvement with free software efforts goes back to the early 80s.  I
was involved in the TeX(82) development effort, doing a couple of the
original ports. I was an early GNU emacs and gcc user in the mid-80s and
donated some hardware to RMS for GNU back then.  I've been running linux
servers at home since '93 or '94 (I remember installing slackware with
dozens of diskettes!).  I've used lots of distributions, but settled on
Debian a couple of years ago.

I guess the short reason for why to get involved is that I spent 20
years building non-free things, all the while leveraging very heavily on
free tools. Now semi-retired, I have the time and desire to give more
back.   Plus, I've been doing too much management and not enough hacking
the last 7 years or so :-).  Big interests of mine include security,
time (e.g., ntp), wireless, ham radio, science apps, and possibly some
sparc porting.  I obviously won't get to them all!

ID
^^

Bruce's key is signed by Josh Huber <josh@debian.org>

dsilvers@ennui:~$ gpg --check-sigs 46DC0A36
pub  1024D/46DC0A36 1998-11-20 Bruce Walker <bruce@quidnet.com>
sig!       46DC0A36 1998-11-20  Bruce Walker <bruce@quidnet.com>
sig!       6B21489A 2001-12-19  Josh Huber <huberj@wpi.edu>
uid                            Bruce Walker <bruce@w1bw.org>
sig!       46DC0A36 2001-10-30  Bruce Walker <bruce@quidnet.com>
sig!       6B21489A 2001-12-19  Josh Huber <huberj@wpi.edu>
sub  2048g/DB3C8B91 1998-11-20
sig!       46DC0A36 1998-11-20  Bruce Walker <bruce@quidnet.com>

Philosophy and Procedures
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bruce has answered many questions relating to policy, the BTS, NMUs,
The DFSG etc. He has demonstrated knowledge of the debian list server.

Tasks and Skills
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bruce has packaged a few programs -- notably linpsk is in unstable.

His packaging was to a high standard, save a couple of cosmetic errors which
he has pledged to correct in his next upload.

The packaging of linpsk demonstrates a knowledge of the developer scripts
and packages.

Recommendation

I therefore recommend that Bruce be made a Debian Maintainer.

Debian Login: w1bw
Forwarding Address: bruce@w1bw.org