AM report for Giuseppe Sacco

AM report on Giuseppe Sacco
===========================

Conclusion:
-----------

I recommend that Giuseppe becomes a Debian developer.

Applicant info:
---------------

Name:	         Giuseppe Sacco
Current email:   eppesuigoccas@libero.it
Preferred email: giuseppe@debian.org

Background:
===========
Giuseppe wrote me:
 > As you might imaging I am an italian, and I like it, but I like to
 > know how different peoples think. That's why I went to a far
 > university and the I worked for a foreign company.

 > I went to many countries in europe and (once) in central america.
 > And now i stay in Italy.  That's way now I have time to spend on
 > Debian. I used to "only" coordinating the italian translation
 > because I did not had enough time. But now I think should be
 > possible.

 > Free Software has always been something I trusted: when I was at the
 > university I founded a meeting of Amiga developers. This meeting was
 > for exchanging informations and free software.

 > More than free software I trust free information, that's why I
 > started on w.d.o.  If I recall correclt Free Information is one of
 > the social contract points.  For the very same reason I write
 > articles for www.diff.org, an italian webzine for DIFFerent
 > software.

Identification:
---------------

Giuseppe provided me with the following gpg key:

pub  1024D/EC97089D 2000-03-28 Giuseppe Sacco (Priv) <eppesuigoccas@libero.it>
sig!       EC97089D 2000-03-28  Giuseppe Sacco (Priv) <eppesuigoccas@libero.it>
sig!       06468DEB 2001-06-06  Federico Di Gregorio <fog@debian.org>
uid                            Giuseppe Sacco (Diff) <gsacco@diff.org>
sig!       EC97089D 2000-03-28  Giuseppe Sacco (Priv) <eppesuigoccas@libero.it>
sig!       06468DEB 2001-06-06  Federico Di Gregorio <fog@debian.org>
sub  1024g/AFF1E723 2000-03-28
sig!       EC97089D 2000-03-28  Giuseppe Sacco (Priv) <eppesuigoccas@libero.it>

It is signed by Federico Di Gregorio <fog@debian.org>, whose key is in
the debian keyring.

Identification check passed.

Policy and procedures:
----------------------
Giuseppe explicitly agrees to follow the Social Contract and the DSFG in
his Debian related work. He also will follow the DMUP.
I asked him some questions about those documents. His answers show that
he understands what they are about as well as what their main
implications are.

I also asked some questions about Debian procedures. His answers were
OK.

Policy and procedures check passed.

Tasks and Skills:
-----------------

Giuseppe wrote me:
 > As a reference for the work I have done in Debian, I may tell you
 > that I am the translation coordinator for the debian web site for
 > the last couple of years. About the work I would like to do in
 > Debian: continuing the translation coordnation getting involved in
 > the debian italian i18n effort. At the same time I am a consultant
 > in system administration, so I would like to package some scripts
 > I've used lately.

Francesco Lovergine <frankie@debian.org> confirmed that Giuseppe has
done a lot of work on the italian www pages:

And also Davide Puricelli <evo@debian.org> wrote:
 > Well, Giuseppe is one of the Italian coordinators of the www team; he
 > did and he's still doing a lot of translations and he's very involved
 > with free software activity in Italy: IMHO he's ready to become a
 > developer.

I've checked the first package he made. He had some problems getting it
lintian-clean, but in the end it was ok. I think his packaging skills
are sufficient.

Tasks and skills check passed.

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw                  | Si l'on sait exactement ce   |