Identity
--------

pub  1024D/8B8D7663 1999-11-15 Andreas Metzler (private key) <a9203835@unet.univie.at>
uid                            Andreas Metzler (private key) <ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org>
[...]
sig!        BC185AB3 2002-04-14   Robert Bihlmeyer <robbe@debian.org>

Background
----------

Andreas has contributed to Debian in a number of areas, from packaging
software, NMUing buggy software, and filing bug reports, often with
patches.  He is interested in becoming an official maintainer, to make
maintaining his packages easier, among other things.  He says:
"Official maintainer status would ease my work as maintainer,
sponsoring works and is a great safeguard, but it is a extra
work. And sometimes I'd like to use e.g. a PowerPC machine for
test-builds."

Philosophy & Procedures
-----------------------

Andreas displays a thorough grasp of Debian's philosophy, and agrees
with it.  His answers to my questions were succinct and completely
correct.

Tasks & Skills

I have looked over Andreas' packages, and they are generally high
quality.  He has also sent in a number of patches to fix bugs,
specifically with respect to the switch to invoke-rc.d.  Andreas
currently maintains newsx, and has done several sponsored NMUs.

Recommendation

Andreas is an excellent candidate to become a Debian maintainer.