Identity
--------

pub  1024D/56F06D01 2002-01-05 YAEGASHI Takeshi <t@keshi.org>
sig!3       56F06D01 2002-08-11   YAEGASHI Takeshi <t@keshi.org>
sig!3       ECA94FA8 2002-08-12   ISHIKAWA Mutsumi <ishikawa@hanzubon.org>
sig!2       3CC88C09 2002-08-12   Fumitoshi UKAI <ukai@debian.org>

Background
----------

Takeshi is interested in embedded systems and wants to port Debian to
the SuperH (SH) architecture.  He has already maintained his own Debian
distribution for SH for the last 6 months at http://debian.dodes.org/.
Takeshi has also ported eCos to the Playstation and is involved with
Linux on the Playstation.  He's generally interested in Linux on Linux on
embedded systems, "I've tried many Linux ports almost just for fun at my
leisure.  And I love GNU/Linux and the free programming environment.
It would be great if I could use GNU/Linux on my handheld devices and
game consoles rather than pre-installed software."

Philosophy & Procedures
-----------------------

Takeshi understands Debian's philosophy and agrees with it.

Tasks & Skills
--------------

Takeshi has been running a buildd for SH3 and SH4 for several months now.
He has submitted various bug reports during his porting efforts and has
often included patches.  The status page at http://debian.dodes.org/sh
has a listing of bugs and patches he submitted.

Recommendation

I recommend that Takeshi be accepted as a Debian maintainer.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com