Re: DAM approval wait time?

On Oct 02, 2002 at 09:31:03 +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> Some people are more important to the project than others.

	Perhaps some people have friends higher up in Debian? I have
an ugly email address that marks me as untouchable for after having
ever written something for Debian Planet? The universe loves screwing
me over? Who knows? I haven't gotten a reason from anyone yet.
	DAMnation is getting ridiculous. I've been in it for 10 months
now and my patience has never been this tested in my life before. I'm
starting to wonder why I should volunteer any more time or effort to a
project that continues to ignore me and an IRC channel that loves to
mock me relentlessly.
	Sure I'm only maintaining a few minor packages at the moment,
but I have been respond to bug reports in a reasonable fashion. But
now that's there doesn't seem to be any hope of me ever becoming a
developer, I might as well stop telling others that Debian is more
than just a distribution, but a community and just throw my packages
out the window.
	Why can't James Troup just come out and say something,
anything? I can't stand this silent treatment anymore. What on Earth
have I done to piss him off but to send a polite request for an
explanation a month ago?
	It's hard enough finding a purpose in life when you're
clinically depressed, but it's worse when nothing at all is rewarding
and just turns to shit. If someone in NM wants to expel me for this
rant, then go ahead, but make it OFFICIAL so that I can actually give
up on Debian and everything else with the full knowledge that no one
gives a flying fuck about me anyway.
	By the way, don't tell me to stop bitching and that it won't
get me anywhere. Well I've kept quiet and patient and it hasn't got me
anywhere either. You'd feel the same if you were in the same boat as
any other NM who's waited for over 6 months without explanation.

Bring on the fucking flame-war. Something has to burn. Might as well
be me.

Have a nice day,
Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau

PS: Apologies for the language. I'm not myself recently.

* Andrew 'Netsnipe' Lau                   Computer Science & Sturep, UNSW *
*   "apt-get into it"                        Debian GNU/Linux Packager    *
*     <netsnipe(+)debianplanet.org\0>      <alau(+)cse.unsw.edu.au\0>     *
* GnuPG 1024D/2E8B68BD 0B77 73D0 4F3B F286 63F1  9F4A 9B24 C07D 2E8B 68BD *