Re: DAM approval wait time?

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 09:15:23AM +0100, Stephen Quinney wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> I (stephen@jadevine.org.uk) was approved by my application manager
> (opal) on 2002-09-02, as it is now 4 weeks since then I thought I
> would ask if anyone can tell me when DAM approval and account creation
> is likely to happen?

I am waiting for 3.5 months now.

> I have been maintaining a number of packages in the archive, via my
> advocate (ads), for quite some time now so i'm keen to get an account
> and relieve him of this task.

Same for me.

> I realise people are always very busy and approval must be carried out
> thoroughly but I really want to get going properly with Debian
> development. I guess just knowing when it is likely to happen would be
> nicer than currently having no idea.

I think nobody knows. Expect to wait for another few months.

But more transparency would be really nice. The uncertainty sucks.
And I would really like to know why it is not a first-in/first-out queue.

A page which explains what has to be done by DAM to approve an application
would be nice, so that people can understand why it takes so long. There
must be a reason.

Greetings,
Oliver
--