sig!       29E0E66B 2001-12-06  John H. Robinson, IV <jaqque@debian.org>
sig!       888354F7 2001-07-02  Richard Atterer <atterer@debian.org>
sig!       EF50D1FF 2001-07-03  Oliver M. Bolzer <oliver@debian.org>
sig!       4A5D72FE 2001-07-06  Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@icp.inpg.fr>
sig!       9ED101BF 2001-07-03  Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org>
sig!       91983292 2001-07-09  Simon Richter <sjr@debian.org>
sig!       AB9B66FD 2001-12-19  Thomas Lange <lange@debian.org>
sig!       2F6DD073 2001-10-25  Dr. Michael Meskes <michael.meskes@credativ.de>
sub  2048g/D99FEE8D 2001-06-20 [expires: 2002-06-20]
sig!       330C4A75 2001-06-20  Martin F. Krafft (AERAsec GmbH) <mkrafft@aerasec.de>

passed.
Background
 ----------

Martin writes about himself:

  well, i am 23 years old, a student of artificial intelligence
  currently taking some time off university as a self-employed network
  security trainer for aerasec.de, integralis.com, and allasso.com,
  among others.

  i've been a debian user for the better part of four years, and i've
  been active for the last two - mainly helping on the mailing list
  (more frequently than good for my job, i've been number #1 poster
  ;^>), but also presenting debian at fairs and exhibitions, fixing
  bugs, and spreading the word (which includes motivating people to
  install debian and helping them). i see debian as the best fusion of
  free software, independence, standards, and usability. i have learnt
  more from using it and interacting with other users than before, and
  since i am predestined to teach anyway (heading for a prof. position),
  debian is not only invaluable practice on the didactic path, it's
  also a great opportunity to "pay forward" for all the help i've
  received. i enjoy helping other users, and i enjoy contributing to the
  project with my packages simply because that's the way i am.

Philosophy & Procedures
-----------------------

Martin was able to answer my questions about philosophy and
procedures.  He agreed to uphold the social contract in his Debian
work.  He agreed to follow the DMUP.

Tasks & Skills
--------------

I looked at iprelay, a simple package that Martin maintains and has
found a sponsor for.  I found a minor problem with the package, but it
looked good if simple.

I also looked at bind9-chroot, an internal package Martin maintains
but does not  currently plan to upload to Debian.  This  package
demonstrated that Martin understands how to work with other packages,
how to minimize upgrade problems and an understanding of diversions
and some more advanced packaging concepts.

Since Martin is also interested in helping Debian at presentations and
conferences, I asked people who were familiar with Martin's past
efforts in these areas to comment.  The comments were uniformly
positive.

I suspect that Martin has demonstrated sufficient skills either as a
packager or as  someone helping out with conferences.  Since he wants
to do both, it seems clear to me he passes tasks&skills.

Recommendation

I recommend Martin Krafft be accepted as a Debian developer.

Debian login: madduck
Forwarding email: madduck+debian@madduck.net