Asking about application process

Hi,

I've read everything about applying to become a debian maintainer but I
am still a little confuse about these:

1. Where should I begin first, find a sponsor or find a developer who
   can sign my key?
2. What if I live in a country where I can not see any debian developer?
   If the answer is to provide a picture of ID:
   a. What kind of ID is accepted?
   b. Should it be international?
3. Is it possible if I know someone in USA (my boss, actually) who
   is not a debian developer act as something like "proxy server" :)
   so that the debian project sure about my identity?
4. Do you people know someone in Indonesia whom I can see so that I can
   have my key signed?

I am sorry if I miss something, any help is appreciated.

--
bpdp