Re: The Helper Rant

>  Alright - I would have never expected anything else from you, for being
> maintainer of dpkg.  On the other hand, I guess maybe we are lacking
> some kind of "advanced" packageing manual.  The one that is there just
> explains the usage of debhelper, and leaves the people quite in the dark
> about the further internals....

Well.. I happen to have one in preparation. At the moment, it is quite
unfinished, but hopefully that will change as I get some
feedback. It's available from CVS at:
	:pserver:anonymous@midgard.debian.net:/cvsroot
The module is called `helpless-howto'. It's written in LaTeX, so
if you can't read the source, you'll need tetex-bin installed.

I plan to make postscript versions available when it gets a bit more
mature.