AM Report for Ludovic Rousseau

Report for Ludovic Rousseau

Background
----------
Ludovic lives near Marseille in the south of France. He discovered Unix in 1990
at school and Linux in 1992 when he was a trainee with Stephane Bortzmeyer
<bortz@debian.org> at CNAM (Convervatoire National des Arts et Metiers).
He chose Debian as his personal distro for many reasons, but in his own words:
"I really think Richard Stallman is right and the Debian total respect of Free
Software is a very good thing."
He can also be quoted saying:
"I like the idea that a GPL software will be free forever. The more I think
about it and the more I think Free Software and the GPL in particular is the
best answer we can give to users."

Identification
-----------------
GnuPG key signed by Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@debian.org>
pub  1024D/E07F1CF9 2001-03-05 Ludovic Rousseau <ludovic.rousseau@free.fr>
sub  1024g/D5338005 2001-03-05
--passed

Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
Was able to answer questions about P&P in his own words.
Had a great understanding of the Debian Policy and Social Contract.
--passed

Tasks and Skills
-------------------
Ludovic has packaged gp-core which is a driver for a model of smart card. He
worked closely with Carlos Prados <cprados@debian.org> who maintains the pcscd
package, the layer above the driver, and is also his advocate. Ludovic is also
one of the developers of this software.
At first his package had a few simple errors, such as a missing Build-Depends,
which he was able to fix easily. After a little coaching his package installed
and removed cleanly. It was lintian clean and well built.
--passed

Recommendation
Debian Login: rousseau
Forwarding Email: ludovic.rousseau@free.fr
I recommend that Ludovic be accepted as a Debian Maintainer and feel he has
alot to contribute to the further development of Debian.