AM report for Adam Lazur

Identification
--------------

pub  1024D/F7E90FF1 2000-12-05 Adam Lazur <laz@clustermonkey.org>
sig!       2B46A27C 2001-06-21  Branden Robinson <branden@deadbeast.net>

Background
----------

Adam writes about himself:

> I had always in the back of my mind planned on applying to be a debian
> developer, but never really got around to doing it. Eventually my job
> during college was working for paralogic (www.plogic.com) building
> beowulf clusters based on RedHat. I advocated debian, but there wasn't a
> debian alternative to kickstart at the time, which was essential to
> rolling out clusters.
>
> After school, I started working for Paralogic full time, but 3 months
> later got enticed to work for Progeny on the Linux NOW project. I worked
> for Progeny doing various things, some progeny debian related, until the
> downsizing that went on in July. Now I work for Lexmark (the printer
> company) working on "embedded" Linux in the office printers division.

Philosophy and procedures
-------------------------

Adam understands Debian's philosophy and agrees with it.

Tasks and skills
----------------

Adam has packaged rats ("Rough Auditing Tool for Security"), which
highlights security trouble spots in C source (sort of like lint).

Additionally, while he worked for progeny, he maintained their 2.4
kernel packages.

This is from Eric Gillespie, his advocate:

> Adam is a competent software developer who has expressed interest in the
> past in taking over some of Debian's broken, orphaned, and/or
> poorly-maintained packages.  He has demonstrated skills in rolling
> Debian packages and RPMs.  I think he will be a valuable addition to the
> project.

Recommendation

I recommend that Adam be accepted as a Debian maintainer.

Debian login: zal
Forwarding email: adam@lazur.org

 : :' :                         | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-    http://www.debian.org/ | London, UK