sig!       B28C5995 2001-07-12  Brendan O'Dea <bod@debian.org>
uid                            Matt Hope (Dopey) <dopey@quickstix.com.au>
sig!       2497BFC9 2001-07-17  Matt Hope <dopey@quickstix.com.au>
sig!       13046155 2001-07-18  Thom May <thom@tsw.org.uk>
sig!       2B302452 2001-07-11  Steve Kowalik <stevenk@debian.org>
sig!       B28C5995 2001-07-12  Brendan O'Dea <bod@debian.org>
sub  1536g/0E3F56AB 2001-07-11
sig!       2497BFC9 2001-07-11  Matt Hope <dopey@quickstix.com.au>

I checked at least Brendan's fingerprint and confirmed it is on the
keyring and in db.debian.org--passed.

Background
----------
Matt writes:

  I am the Technical Officer for the Computing Students Society (COMPSOC) at
  the University of New South Wales, where I maintain several Linux servers.
  I also use Linux fairly extensively where I work at UNSW, maintaining a
  lab of linux workstations and various servers in both Biochemistry and
  Molecular Genetics, and Bioinformatics.
  So far, I have had great use from the Linux (and more specifically,
  Debian) community, and I wish to give back to this community.
  No other field of interest I have come across has this same depth of
  community.

Philosophy & Procedures
-----------------------

Matt aggreed to uphold the social contract and DMUP in his Debian
work.  We discussed the DFSG and other philosophy and procedures
questions.  He was able to answer my questions.

Tasks & Skills
--------------

I looked at the fluxbox package.  This was a fairly well packaged
window manager.  The menu system and menu methods seemed to be done
correctly.  I found one problem with the postinst and pointed it out;
I expect it to be fixed soon.  Matt pointed out the status of the bugs
against the package; there is one gcc 3.0 C++ issue that is expected
to be fixed in a new upstream release coming out within the next few
days.  There is also a wishlist bug that will be fixed shortly.

The package displayed a good understanding of our tools.  For example,
templates and control files were trimmed removing debhelper calls that
were not appropriate for the package.

I also looked at libio-string-perl.  This is a completely trivial Perl
module package.  IT looked good except for a problem that turned out
to be in a template Matt used; that problem has been fixed.

passed.

Recommendation

I recommend that Matt be accepted as a Debian maintainer.

Debian login: dopey
Forwarding email: dopey@quickstix.com.au