AM report for Abraham vd Merwe

AM report on Abraham vd Merwe
===========================

Conclusion:
-----------

I think Abraham will be a really good developer and a valuable
addition to our Debian team.

Applicant info:
---------------

Name:	         Abraham vd Merwe
Current email:   abz@blio.net
Preferred email: abz@debian.org

Identification:
---------------

Abraham provided me with the following gpg key:

pub  1024D/2B555AEE 2001-03-26 Abraham van der Merwe <abz@blio.net>
sig!       2B555AEE 2001-03-26  Abraham van der Merwe <abz@blio.net>
sig?       BC940D5B 2001-04-03
sig!       BDFC3AAD 2001-04-03  Michael-John Turner <mj@debian.org>
sub  1024g/8DFD71F5 2001-03-26
sig!       2B555AEE 2001-03-26  Abraham van der Merwe <abz@blio.net>

It is signed by Michael-John Turner <mj@debian.org>.

Identification check passed.

Policy and procedures:
----------------------
Abraham explicitly agrees to follow the DFSG and the SC in his Debian
work. I asked him some questions about these docs to make sure he
understands them. His answers were satisfactory.

Policy and procedures check passed.

Tasks and Skills:
-----------------
Well, I'm quite impressed about the amounts of programs Abraham has coded
or is coding. There is a complete list on his homepage
(http://oasis.fireblue.com/index.php?feedme=progs). For the following
software he has already got a debian package available:
 * juice, a mp3 playlist editor/player/etc. - http://juicy.sourceforge.net
 * ixbiff, a mail notifier daemon that blinks the keyboard leds. -
   http://ixbiff.sourceforge.net
 * isptools, a collection of ISP/sysadmin related utilities. -
   http://isptools.sourceforge.net
All those debian packages look really ok and are lintian clean.

Furthermore, Abraham is also an active upstream contributer to jed, mutt
and quakeforge. He has also experience as a system administrator and web
design at several organisation. He mostly wants to contribute to Debian
as a packager though.

Tasks and skills check passed.

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw                  | Si l'on sait exactement ce   |