Re: AM Report for Martin Albert

Gopal Narayanan <gopal@debian.org> wrote:
>Tasks and Skills
>----------------
>
>Albert already has several sponsored packages in debian. He has
>packaged cthugha (an oscilloscope on acid) and has fixed several
>problems, and sent patches upstream. I took a look at the package, and
>it looks good. He also mintains libgii, libggi, and svgalib4libggi
>under the sponsorship of Colin Watson <cjw44@flatline.org.uk>. Colin
>was a bit busy with other things when I asked him about these
>packages, but he did say:
>
><quote>
>[Kamion> Gop_Astro: taking on libggi and libgii is quite a big project
>for an NM, and overall he seems to be doing a good job (I had to teach
>him a bit about Replaces:, but otherwise fine).
></quote>

I never did get around to replying further (sorry, Martin!). I uploaded
new packages for Martin over the weekend, and he had incorporated all my
suggestions, done a good deal of his own work, and generally been very
responsive. The fact that he was more often waiting on me than the other
way round bodes well (for him, at least). Now we just have to give him
lots of stuff to do. :)

I think he'll make a good developer.