Re: AM Report For Robin Verduijn

On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Mark Brown wrote:

> > > Robin has already debianized kvirc - a graphical IRC client that uses
> > > the QT toolkit. I looked the package over. It initially had many
> > > lintian errors, which Robin subsequently fixed upon being pointed out.
>
> > Why doesn't he run lintian by himself? I thought this is a minimum skill I
> > can expect from a package maintainer?
>
> We probably ought to make allowances for people learning stuff during
> the process.  In a way I'd rather have someone not know about Lintain

But when he doesn't know about lintian that means he hasn't even read the
"Debian New Maintainers' Guide" [1]. I think we should expect from a new
member of Debian who wants to maintain packages that he has at least read
the (good) documentation for beginners, shouldn't we?

> and then immediately fix bugs when it's pointed out than have someone
> run it but not fix up all the results.

There are always wrse cases...

cu,
Adrian