Re: AM report on Robert Bihlmeyer

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> Robert provided me with the following gpg key:
>
> pub  1024D/BC185AB3 2000-09-14 Robert Bihlmeyer <robbe@orcus.priv.at>
> sig        16BD77C6 2000-12-07  Gerfried Fuchs <alfie@debian.org>
<snip>

> It is signed by Gerfried Fuchs <alfie@debian.org>.

 Uuups, I think we have a problem here!  It is signed by the key I'm
currently trying to get into the keyring but not by the one that _is_
already in the keyring.  On the other hand, that should also be checked
by the AM.  Don't turn blind because there is a @debian.org signature
- *please* check that one against the keyring!

 I now have signed the key with the key that actually is in the keyring
and uploaded it to the pgp.net keyrings again.  It might be needed by
James that you resend the report with the updated key.

> Identification check passed.

 Not really but yes :)

> Robert has already packaged two packages in the past: psst (free ssh2
> implementation) and lame (mp3 encoder). Both look fine and are lintian
> clean. These packages are not in Debian: psst has been superseded by
> lsh-utils and lame has licencing/patenting issues.

 Have you cross-checked that lame isn't just package that Jorgen
Schaefer did?  No, I don't blame Robbe for doing so, I know him quite a
time now IRL and I'd also approve him without any thought in the other
direction.  Just kidding :)

 Have fun!
Alfie
--
"You can bring any calculator you like to the midterm, as long as it
doesn't dim the lights when you turn it on."