AM Report for Jacobo Tarrío

Hello,
This is Jacobo Tarrío's AM report.

Background
----------
Jacobo has been using computers since 1989, and had his first contact
with GNU/Linux in 1997, when he installed a Slackware distro. He is now
a Free Software advocate in Spain.
His major focus is now the translation of whatever goes into his hands
into Galician. He is one of the heads of the Proxecto Trasno, the
Galician l10n team.

2. Identification
-----------------
Jacobo's key is signed by Santiago García Mantinan, most known as "manty":
pub  1024D/149CDDB2 2001-05-20 Jacobo Tarrio <jtarrio@iname.com>
sig!       149CDDB2 2001-05-20  Jacobo Tarrio <jtarrio@iname.com>
sig!       F6A32A8E 2001-05-23  Santiago Garcia Mantinan (manty) <sgm@manty.net>
[...]
ID step passed.

3. Philosophy and Procedures
----------------------------
Jacobo answered some P&P questions correctly, showing a good
understanding of the DFGS, Social Contract and licensing questions.
He knew about NMU's, BTS usage and agreed with the DFSG and DMUP.

P&P passed.

4. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
Jacobo packaged miscom, a small ncurses game. The package was very well
done and had nothing to be corrected.
Jacobo is an important translator too. Recently he has translated
boot-floppies into Galician (a minor language spoken in the northwest of
Spain), as well as many Debconf templates and apps.

T&S passed.

Summary
-------
I think Jacobo is a great addition to our ranks and I recommend his
acceptance.

Thanks,
Jordi
--
Jordi Mallach Pérez || jordi@pusa.informat.uv.es || Rediscovering Freedom,
   aka Oskuro in    || jordi@sindominio.net      || Using Debian GNU/Linux

http://sindominio.net  GnuPG public information:      pub  1024D/917A225E
telnet pusa.uv.es 23   73ED 4244 FD43 5886 20AC  2644 2584 94BA 917A 225E