AM Report for Javier Vinuales Gutierrez

AM Report for Javier Viñuales Gutiérrez

Maintainer.

Identification
--------------

Javier provided the following GPG key (attached):

pub  1024D/4EB82468 2000-11-13 Javier Viñuales Gutiérrez (Coordinador de La Espiral) <vigu@matrio.com>
sig!       4EB82468 2000-11-13  Javier Viñuales Gutiérrez (Coordinador de La Espiral) <vigu@matrio.com>
sig!       3EF23CD6 2000-11-14  Santiago Vila <sanvila@debian.org>
sub  1024g/13FA10C1 2000-11-13
sig!       4EB82468 2000-11-13  Javier Viñuales Gutiérrez (Coordinador de La Espiral) <vigu@matrio.com>

It is signed by Santiago Vila, whose fingerprint matches what is held
in db.debian.org.

Identification Check Passed

Policy and Procedures
---------------------

Javier and I discussed the Social Contract and the DFSG. He
demonstrated to me that he understands the principles and extent of
these documents, and that he is aware of the responsibilities of a
debian maintainer. He also explicitly agreed to abide by the DMUP. He
also answered some questions on copyrights and licenses to my
satisfaction.

Policy and Procedures Check Passed

Tasks and Skills
----------------

Javier is the leader of the La Espiral project. I quote from his
email:

  "I'm an barrapunto.com editor wrinting in the debian section, and
  I'm the leader of "La Espiral Project" (www.laespiral.org), an
  initiative to aid to growth Debian (no Debian GNU/Linux, _Debian_)
  in the spanish language world.  We are cooperating with
  www.debian.org/international/spanish, you can see the reference to
  La Espiral in
  http://www.debian.org/international/spanish/proyectos.es.html";

He has packaged hptalx, amongst other programs. hptalx is a HP48 or
HP49 <-> Computer communications program for Linux. I took a look at
the package and it is lintian clean.  Javier is being advocated by
Jordi Mallach (Oskuro). Here is what Oskuro had to say about Javier:

"[03/12 15:15:56] [Oskuro> Gop_Astro: He's the Coordinator of
laespiral.org, a pr oject to provide free documentation and articles
about Debian, in Spanish. He has written some mini howto's about
Debian-related thigs (apt-get, etc). He's very active on that
project. He's also very responsive and very dedicated to Debian."

All in all, I think Javier has the skills and the experience necessary
to be a debian developer and will make a great addition to the debian
developer community.

--
Gopal Narayanan <gopal@debian.org> <gopal@astro.umass.edu>
Debian GNU/Linux Developer